"Though you hunt the Christian man like a hare on the hillside, the hare has still more heart to run than you have heart to ride." G.K. Chesterton
Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Thank You Thank You Thank You!
Look what I got in the mail today from a very generous reader! My favourite thing in the world....a snow globe! And a birthday card, and more!
I was both delighted and taken aback at this very generous gift. Thank you!
As I'd admitted, I was a little bit melancholy about my approaching fortieth birthday, for various reasons. But a lot of kind gestures from various people made it a nice experience, overall.
My reader sent me a very sweet letter in which he said: "It's fair to contribute something". It's very kind, but there's no need! A few readers have sent me gifts over the years...The kindness is most appreciated, but I enjoy writing this blog as much as anyone enjoys reading it. Just having readers is ample reward-- and prayers, when I've asked for them. I pray for you, too.
So thank you, friend, and thanks everybody for reading, and praying for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment