Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Request

I have always been interested in belief formation, and specifically, in how people come to a religious commitment-- and specifically with that, of course, how people come to a commitment to the Catholic faith. I have read a lot about this in the past, and I even went as far as putting together a book proposal on a book about conversions (which was, alas, not accepted).

Right now I am contemplating writing something (not a book!) about how people in Ireland, in our day, come to accept (or to get serious about) the Catholic faith.

So I am interested in accounts of how anybody (of any age, and whether they were cradle Catholics or not) came either to accept the faith, or to a personal commitment to it. As short or as long as you'd like.

I think it's important to know what draws people, in our time and place, to the Catholic faith, for purposes of evangelisation.

You can either email me at Maolsheachlann@gmail.com (and you know, you can ALWAYS email me about anything, I like emails) or you can leave it in the comments here. I won't use anyone's name or identifying information if I do write something on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment