Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Hundred Days of Bachelorhood

A hundred days from now is my wedding day. So I suppose this is a good time to put my blog on the back burner, since there is so much to be done about that other matter.

I might still post now and again, but intermittently, and almost certainly not long articles.

So I want to give a very heartfelt thanks to everybody who reads. The main reason I write this blog is because I enjoy it so much. In fact, I doubt I have ever found anything quite so satisfying as I found writing this blog! And to learn that at least some people like to read the kind of writing I enjoy the most has been a wonderful boost and discovery.

I give special thanks to all those who were kind enough to comment. Thank you Angelo, Vicky, Michelle, Jonny Stephens, Mick, Flannery O'Connor, Goldenrush Apple, Molly, Rusty, Fr. Levi, Katy Lamb, Young Ireland, Corrigan1 and all the Groundhog Day fans who agree with me that it is the greatest movie of all time! I'm sorry if I left anybody out.

God has been especially good to me in the last few years, in so many different ways. Praise to Him!

I am certainly not retiring the blog, and I look forward to coming back to it after June.

I keep everyone who reads it in my prayers. Thank you all again!

4 comments:


  1. Oh oh this is so very exciting!! I didn't know the Big Day was so close!! I am sure we will all give out to you if you post as regularly as you have been doing this last while. Go enjoy your married life, you are both so dearly blessed.

    Tell me, is your fiancée Michelle or is it Michele? I ask because I would very much like to have a Mass said for your intentions. I will book it for June. If neither of you mind of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very kind of you, how could we possibly mind? My fiancée's name is Michelle, to rhyme with belle! Thank you very much, I will tell Michelle about that and I am sure she will be as touched as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postings will certainly be missed, but if this lack isn't in an excellent cause, I don't know what is! Thanks so kindly not only for reams of excellent, thoughtful, and enjoyable writing, but for the prayers. You and Michelle are most certainly in mine. -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Molly! For your kind words and also for your prayers.

    ReplyDelete