Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Sacred Heart Church, Donnybrook

I've lost interest in the Dublin churches series. I get the impression nobody is going to share my enthusiasm for more recent suburban churches.

I'd worked up a backlog in the last few weeks. I'm just going to post all the pictures today.

I feel a bit awkward taking photos in churches, anyway. I'll just visit them from now on. I still retain my ambition to see every Catholic church in Dublin.

Here is the Sacred Heart Church in Donnybrook. I often go to the vigil Mass here.







4 comments:

  1. Awful pity, hopefully you'll want to continue some time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful st Joseph altar in particular, the panel depicting the espousal in particular

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in suburban churches! I'm fascinated by the different atmosphere you get in churches. A great variety of appearance and ambience, but still 'One church, one faith, one Lord'. In some ways I find suburban churches most fascinating of all.

    ReplyDelete