Friday, January 20, 2017

Americans Love Tradition

Well, today is the day that Donald Trump is inaugurated, and I've been enjoying all the tradition and ceremony, looking in on it every now and again on CNN.


 As I've said before, I think Americans have a deeper appreciation of tradition than Europeans.

Whenever I've been to America, Americans have been almost apologetic when pointing out their historic buildings, never failing to say: "Of course, it's nothing compared to some of the buildings you've have in Ireland."

Old buildings are great, but personally I'm much more interested in living traditions than dead traditions And I think American society is more traditional than European society in terms of actually cherishing its traditions. So far as I can see, this is true of Europeans in general, for all the cultural diversity of the continent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment