Friday, October 4, 2013
Does God Love Gay People?
That is the question up for discussion at a UCD Law Society debate on October 10th.
Intrigued by the poster, I contacted the Law Society to find out who the speakers were. A lady called Rachel promptly replied and told me the line-up, which is as follows.
For the motion:
Danny Murphy, co-founder of spirituality.ie and LGBT equality advocate
- Ven. Gordon Linney, former Archdeacon of Dublin
- Professor Maeve Cooke - UCD School of Philosophy
- Law Society speaker
Against the motion:
- Nathan Wheeler - www.secular.ie
- Dean McGarr - Auditor of UCD Science Society
- Atheist Ireland's Derek Walsh
- Law Society Speaker
So it really looks as though the only people who would claim God doesn't love gays are people who don't believe in God in the first place. Case closed?