Sunday, July 16, 2017

I Love This Ad

As mentioned before, I recently set up the Irish Conservatives Forum, which has been thriving, in a modest sort of way. If you're interested in joining in, there's a link on the right of the blog.

Pro Boards, the website on which the forum is hosted, advertises itself with this ad (on its own site). I can't make it any larger without overrunning the margin of the page, but you can click on it for a closer look.


I can't really make out the character in the picture too well. He or she seems to be a figure in a white hood and cloak. The image has a kind of fantasy feeling to it. I think part of its appeal, for me, is that it speaks to my inner child. It looks like somebody dressing up and playing, in a wilderness of some kind. I love how enigmatic it is.

I've been pondering it for a few days now. On this blog, I've often mentioned my love of limits and boundaries. And I certainly do love limits and boundaries, but that's only half the story. The idea of an unbounded horizon is also inspiring. We need something we can lose ourselves in, that we're not in any danger of running out of, that's effectively infinite.

I think we need the comfort (and excitement!) of boundaries and limits along with some horizon, or horizons, we can plunge into without fear of ever reaching the end.

What a simple and effective ad!

No comments:

Post a Comment