Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My Award-Winning Blog Post on Library Anxiety!

Click here to read my blog post on library anxiety, which came in joint-third place in this year's CONUL library assistant blog post awards. 

I was very pleased by this. Not only did I get a cash prize, but it boosted my confidence that I can write outside my usual subject matter.

Readers of this blog will know that I have a tendency towards introspection and abstraction. I worry about this a lot. I'm always pleased when I write something that gets down to brass tacks and that has some kind of success. I don't want to "drift into a penumbra", a fate the young W.B. Yeats was warned against by a school-mate.

As I've said before, I'm very pleased that such a competition exists. It's a competition organised by a consortium of university libraries specifically for library assistants (as opposed to librarians). I love that sort of specificity. It's very guild-like, very subsidiarity-friendly. It appeals to the fascination I was describing in this recent post.

1 comment: